Term 1 2019 start dates
Please see our 2020 term dates in the right hand column. Please note that the 2020 start date for Kindergarten is Thursday 30 January.
What is the P&F Association?
The Parents and Friends (P&F) Association recognises and values the role that parents/carers play in the education of their children and aims to strengthen and nurture the partnership between family, school, parish and the wider community for the benefit of their children’s overall development and learning.
The P&F relies on the involvement and support of as many parents as possible. You are therefore encouraged to get involved in as many activities as possible.
When and where are meetings held?
The P&F meets once a term, usually on a Wednesday evening at 7.30pm. These meetings are held in Fernlands Hall.
What type of activities does the P&F organise?
Each year the P&F organises a range of both social and fundraising events.
Some examples of past events and activities include:
- Tea and tissues morning tea for Kindergarten parents
- Mother’s Day stall and afternoon tea
- Mary MacKillop Feast Day BBQ lunch
- Father’s Day breakfast
- Father’s Day stall
- Class dinners
- Men’s night at the pub
- Various social events (Cheese and wine night, Dad’s golf day)
- Various fundraisers (Chocolate drive, Hot cross bun drive, Trivia night, Art show)
In addition, the P&F co-ordinates a series of working bees to maintain the school grounds, as well as providing an in-house, 100% volunteer run canteen.
How can I get involved?
You can get involved in a number of ways:
- Attend the P&F meetings. Both the principal and assistant principal attend these meetings, so it is a great way to hear about what is happening in the school.
- Volunteer in the canteen.
- Attend a working bee
- Join a sub-committee to assist with organising a particular social or fundraising event.
- Attend the social events and support the fundraisers.